Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hidden Treasures

One must always look on the bright side of things.

Taking those words in heed, I present you with some of the nice, nice things that have happened in the past month.

Yesterday, during my visit to the bank, it came to my realization that I have much more cash than I thought I did. HUZZAH! After evaluating my situation, I decided that perhaps I should treat myself. Today I'll be making an appointment at Studio One, which I hear is the nicest hair salon in all of Tofino. Well, it's actually one of two. The other is "Bee's Barber". That one's near the laundromat. I haven't heard that much about it.

Last night we moved into "The Blue House". There are nine people in total living there. That means two bathrooms and two fridges. And two dogs: Lily and Cedar. To say hello, Cedar takes your hand in his big brown mouth and gently gnaws on your knuckles. Two of our roomates are from Australia and I have heard nothing more funny than two Australians doing Newfoundlander impressions. Just you try to imagine that one.

Several cafes in the town have piqued my interest. The Common Loaf is probably my favourite. They have different baked selections everyday, but my pics include the ginger scones and raspberry white chocolate muffins. And don't forget the breakfast sandwich with real black forest ham, for a great deal of $6. The place has two levels, the top one being a small round room with a round deck circumnavigating the outer perimeter. Cafe Vincente's is also nice, but only if you can grab that REALLY comfy chair in the corner, by the window. Tuff Beans is another option for breakfast. Huge portions, even though that reflects in the price, but I guess nothing in this town is cheap. The option are next to endless. Breaker's (where I worked for two weeks), Jupiter's (Sketches me out, lots of nuts), Sobo (pricey but delightful), Whale Cafe (right on the water), Tofitian (very popular) and a few more I haven't visited yet....

Another great thing about being in a town where show are held at the legion, usually once or twice a week, is that I don't have much of a chance to waste my money on things. I haven't been drunk since before I left Halifax, I haven't bought one piece of clothing. There isn't a magazine store here, so I steal them from the laundromat. The best thing about being here is looking forward to what will come after this. I don't plan on saving a huge sum of money while here, but IF I DO....oh think of the things. I could buy a car, a beater, maybe just the little Kia Rio off my parents and go all around the states. That's one thing I've always wanted to do...Or I could go back to Europe, see the places I have never seen before, or I could plant myself in Amsterdam and never ever leave. I could eat cheese pancakes forever. Perhaps I could stay in Halifax and open a store.

Who knows....
I tried to find a good picture to put here to spice up the post, but I couldn't find one.
I did find lots and lots of old photos on my photobucket though, so maybe my next post will be of old pictures. Wouldn't you like that? Yeah? me too.

3 comments:

robinacraftmoney said...

I WOULD LIKE THAT

Anonymous said...

yes me too please

b said...

MAN
i really like your last paragraph!